Well...I had been trying to escape the 'pull' of Pinterest but, I started taking a look at it over Christmas Break and my life hasn't been the same since!
I just wanted to share a few of the things I've been 'researching' on Pinterest and hopefully make it look like it is well worth my time! :)
John has been making himself oatmeal for breakfast for many, many years...and for his late night snack! He loves steel cut oats but they take a long time to cook and it wasn't anything he could coordinate every morning. Well...I found a recipe for steel cut oats that you make in jelly jars and then just heat up each morning. It's awesome! So, he makes a double batch each Sunday afternoon and we both have steel cut oats every morning during the week. He adds a bit of vanilla extract and some cinnamon too. I warm mine up in the morning, add a bit of almond milk, some craisins and walnuts, and sugar free syrup - delish!!!
 |
| The preparation |
 |
| A box of oats is $1.99 - gives us both breakfast for about two and half weeks |
 |
| Filling the jars |
 |
| My guy...making my breakfast! :) |
 |
And then...he writes down the weights so that I get the smaller ones.
Often times I can't finish the whole serving because I get too full! |
I have also been doing these potatoes - they are so, so yummy. Just those little yellow potatoes - boil them, smash them (just a bit), brush with olive oil, fresh garlic, and more garlic, then bake. They are perfect as a side - I think I like them better than fries...and I love my fries! :)
 |
| Weekly menu list...so nice to have this done ahead of the week. |
Mya and I had some time together as John was away on a business trip. We decided to make a few recipes we found on Pinterest.
 |
| We recipe for PF Chang lettuce wraps. We worked together on the recipe but it ended up being a little too hot for both of us. |
 |
| The finished product! |
 |
| Yummy raspberry cheesecake cups! These turned out awesome!! |
 |
| Quinoa mac and cheese. It was okay. |
 |
| Valentine gift for the kids. I did these on my own... |
No comments:
Post a Comment