Thursday, February 3, 2011

Piano Solo and Ensemble

Gold medal - state bound!
Lunch and shopping
with our favorite girl!
Mya received a gold rating on her group 1 piano piece last Saturday morning! So proud of her!! She has been very challenged with this particular piece, Beethoven's Sonata in F Minor, due to the memorization component. But, she stayed calm and cool and was able to 'rock' the piece. 'Calm and cool' are words that would not describe her mother! I ended up drinking too much coffee in the morning and got all jacked up on nerves - had to use the restroom and then they called her into the room while I was gone! So, I listened to the performance through the door - which was just as well because I was so, so nervous!! There was also a bit of a problem with the door monitor which caused John to get involved with 'teaching' him how to run the door - actually I started the rant and John came in to rescue me! :) We spent the rest of the day spoiling the snot out of her...lunch, shopping, and dinner out - such a fun girl and makes us so proud!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Go, Mya, and Go, Amy! It looks like you had a productive snow day! Your blog looks great, and I'm proud to say I'm your first follower! :) Can't wait to follow along with the Scheib Tribe! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Mya, you are something else. It is too bad that your parents don't brag about you more. You know you can always depend on your grandma and grandpa to brag about you.

    Love, G'ma and G'pa

    ReplyDelete