Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas prep

So...we are feeling kind of sappy this season with the idea that this may be the last Christmas at home for Jackson. We are feeling the pressure and desire to keep things as familiar as possible (he has always done much better knowing what to expect!) yet exciting enough to be memorable. In the end, we will spend time together and create that Christmasy feeling together.


For the last several years, we have cut down a tree together at a tree farm near Daleville.  We were able to finally get three of us together (kind of late in the month) to find a tree and let Jackson chop it down. Well...it ended up being a very cold day and we could not come to a compromise. We decided on one in the barn already cut down - oh, well. Jackson helped tie it on to his car and drove it home. He has always been so helpful with the Christmas preparations - helping me get boxes down from the attic, getting a tree, setting it up - makes me very teary eyed to imagine what next season will feel like.



Mya and I made some Christmas goodies together again this year. We have tried to perfect G'ma Ann's spritz cookies; we're getting pretty good according to John! I also made several batches of granola for John's office staff. It is super yummy and pretty healthy...seems like I always run out of steam before I can make a batch for us to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment