Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My GREAT Birthday Day

Really, really enjoyed my birthday day with John and the kids! Just a nice simple day with time together and dinner made to order. My all time favorite food is pizza (I think...it's so hard to pick just one!). John made up a barbecue chicken pizza and a taco pizza - they were both delish! He also perfected a pear martini that we had last month down in Broad Ripple - my new favorite drink.
As a mom, birthday days are just kind of weird for me - celebrate me? Really? I feel guilty. I am really so blessed and to get a whole day to myself just seems excessive. This year in particular it just really hit me how fortunate I am and how all I really want is for those that I love to be happy and content. I know it sounds sappy...but, it's true! For me...the greatest gift today was to see Jackson smile at me, to talk with and engage in meaningful conversation with Mya, and for John to take pride in the family we created! 
Happy Birthday to ME! 
Hangin' in the kitchen with mya-girl...one of our favorite ways to spend an evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment