Saturday, March 19, 2011

Muncie Shamrock 10k/5k Run

John, Mya, and I at our first event of 2011
We ran our first event this weekend, the Muncie Shamrock 10k/5k run. It was great to travel just two miles down to Westside Park and run along the River Greenway which we have spent numerous hours on either running or biking. Mya ran the 5k and was the third woman to cross the finish line - she is sporting her lovely prize below. John and I ran the 10k - I was the third place woman (also won a pair of glasses but no picture) and  John placed 6th overall. It was a very cool morning - perfect for running...a little windy but the sun was shining! We love sharing this passion with Mya and are just so proud of her effort and successes!!

She wins!! ...a lovely pair of new sport glasses!

1 comment:

  1. Fun times in getting your season of events off to a great start! Great job to all! Was it really warm enough for shorts? Brrr! :)

    ReplyDelete